|31 Oct 2022||09:00 – 10:00||Online|
This CDH Basics session explores the lifecycle of a digital research project across the stages of design, data capture, transformation, analysis, presentation and preservation. It introduces tactics for embedding ethical research principles and practices at each stage of the research process.
- Introduction to the digital project life cycle
- Ethics by design and EDI-informed data processing
- Data and metadata – definitions
- Basics of data curation (good practice in file naming, version control)
- Understanding files and folders
CDH Basics sessions are open to the University of Cambridge staff and graduate students who want to learn and apply digital methods and use digital tools in their research. We also welcome Open-Oxford-Cambridge DTP students.